Expanding Self-Study

Christi_Edge
Administrator
EXPANDING SELF-STUDY

Please Join a Discussion that on S-STEP’s Future

• How do we expand self-study in teacher education?
• How do we reach teachers, other academics and professionals unfamiliar with our approach?
• How do we communicate beyond the English-speaking world?
• Is it time to develop a body beyond AERA to promote self-study? If so, what might that look like?

We invite you to participate in a discussion of these questions.

Your perspectives will inform the SIG executive’s consideration of these questions. An article on the ideas emerging from the discussion will appear in the next newsletter.

Re: Expanding Self-Study

diadipaolo
Hi, all,

I hope you are all well. I am a current doctoral student in Curriculum and Instruction at the University of West Florida. I have just finished my second Qualitative Research class and focused on my work for the term on a proposed Self-Study. But I only have one committee member so far who knows about Self-Study and most faculty that I have approached are not familiar with Self-Study. I believe I can have committee members who are from other schools who may have more of an expertise in Self-Study. How might I go about doing this? Thank you for your input ahead of time.

Best,

Donna